Tuesday, March 18, 2008

speaking a new language with my wife

Getting my thoughts in a tangible form seems to follow a sinusoidal curve. Once the graph dips below zero on the y-axis you won't hear from me for just long enough to bottom out and then on the way up I start to process things well enough to start to think about writing them down again. As soon as it crosses that x-axis...that is when you hear from me. But enough of that tangent (get it?).

Much has taken place and even more is lined up for the next year and some change.

I am probably going to stay at my current job for another year. The only thing that reminds me of my lowly status in public schools is my paycheck and that isn't the most important thing. Everyone else has to jump through the same hoops and deal with the same bureaucracy and they have done so for a while longer then I have. I need to stop bitching, there is no such thing as entitlement. I still need to address some issues I have with the way I react to certain situations and I am frankly tired of jumping from employer to employer (my goal is to keep filing taxes next year down to just 3 employers). I need to find a job for the summer. I feel like I am still in school and really I guess I am.

I am definitely going to be getting married to the love of my life next year. I have a tendency of dumbing down my emotions and turning any serious conversation into a stand-up routine and I am beginning to realize that it can have an adverse affect on those around me so I will do my best here to convey my feelings of the decision we have made. This is something that I am looking forward to more than anything else going on in my life. Not so much the event as everything else it entails (I am making my commitment to Monet and I am making it public and permanent). I truly love this young woman and she is the most important person in my life. I want to experience life in all of its highs and lows WITH HER.

We will hopefully be joining the Peace Corps soon after that. I am in the middle of my application and Monet is almost done with hers. I can not even process the thoughts that this decision is placing in my head. I suppose you can expect a more detailed reaction to this as the situation unfolds and I can express myself lucidly.

It will also be interesting to hear Mo's thoughts on all of these things as this is a shared life and a shared blog. So keep an eye out for that.

2 comments:

brice said...

"There is no such thing as entitlement."
- I like that.

It sounds like its a big time in your life for you and Monet both. That's really cool, actually. I can only wish the best for you.

J. Scott Overman said...

"Times they are a-changin'"

You're incredible Ryan. I'm lucky to call you my best friend. Sir, I'd like to plan your bachelor party. I promise it will be more progressive than the bachelor party of old (i.e. no strippers or drunken, gluttonous heathenism). I'm thinking scrap-booking or felting and some mahjong...not really. I don't know exactly, just yet, but I'd like to know if I can start brainstorming. Luv ya!