Wednesday, April 9, 2008

stretching my own canvas

Sometimes I think and dream in less lyrical terms and I want to lay these thoughts on paper in a way that I feel lives up to the idea's potential. I have recently been inspired to pick up a paintbrush and pencil. I think I will stop by Meininger's this weekend. When Monet and I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Buell Theatre, we came across an artist that drew a young boy riding a fish. It was a painting that made me want a son so I could hang it in his room. I can not remember the name of this gentleman and I can not locate a picture of the painting even using google. Recently another artist reminded me of this fellow and I am starting the search anew.

Below is the other illustration that inspired me:



2 comments:

J. Scott Overman said...

I got a bug to paint several months ago. Johnny, Cara's roommate, indulged me paints and a canvass. The end result was not bad, it was horrible. I trust you'll have better results than I.

jill. said...

as my friends from aerosmith say...
Dream on, dream on, dream on...

Sing with me,
sing for the years
Sing for the laughter
and sing for the tears

i dig the einauti photo.
keep us posted on the search.

JCS is my all-time favorite musical. it's been a few years since i've seen it onstage. we should converse...i have all kinds of technical questions.